Notice for users of this website
Consultation or use of this site in whatever language involves the full acceptance of the general conditions set out below.
Protection of personal data
The Group of the Progressive Alliance of Socialists & Democrats in the European Parliament attaches great importance to respecting the right to privacy. The policy on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data by the Community institutions and bodies is thus based on Regulation (EU) 2018/1725 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 23 October 2018 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data by the Union institutions, bodies, offices and agencies and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Regulation (EC) No 45/2001 and Decision No 1247/2002/EC (Text with EEA relevance.)
'Personal data' means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person; an identifiable person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identification number or to one or more factors specific to his or her identity (see Article 3 of Regulation (EU) 2018/1725). In principle access to the information available on or via the website of the Group of the Progressive Alliance of Socialists & Democrats in the European Parliament does not require any personal data to be supplied by the user. However, in order to use certain online services, for example to request a visit to the Group of the Progressive Alliance of Socialists & Democrats in the European Parliament, to lodge a petition or to send a question to the Correspondence with Citizens Unit, you may be asked to supply some information about yourself, such as contact details (name and first name, profession, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number or nationality) when filling in a form. The data controller (the entity responsible for processing the data collected about you) appears on a public register of data processing operations maintained by the Data Protection Officer.
In this regard:
- The Group of the Progressive Alliance of Socialists & Democrats in the European Parliament will collect personal information only to the extent necessary to fulfil a precise purpose specified by the data controller for each online service. The information will not be reused for a purpose incompatible with the original purpose.
- The Group of the Progressive Alliance of Socialists & Democrats in the European Parliament will disclose information to third parties only if that is necessary for the purposes specified and only to the categories of recipients mentioned. The Group of the Progressive Alliance of Socialists & Democrats in the European Parliament will not divulge your personal data for direct marketing purposes. The Group of the Progressive Alliance of Socialists & Democrats in the European Parliament furthermore undertakes to take appropriate security measures to safeguard these data from misuse by third parties.
- The data may be kept for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which they were collected.
- These data may, however, be kept for a longer period for historical, statistical or scientific purposes, without prejudice to any other provision of Regulation (EU) 2018/1725 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 23 October 2018.
- Any individual concerned (data subject) has the right to obtain access to and rectification of his or her personal data. Data subjects may also under certain circumstances ask to have these data blocked and for the erasure of data about them which they consider to have been unlawfully processed. Finally, they have the right to object, on compelling grounds, to the processing of their data.
- To exercise your rights or to obtain any further information, you can apply directly to the data controller involved.
- You may also consult the Data Protection Officer who is responsible, within each Community institution, for ensuring that the rights and freedoms of data subjects are not adversely affected by data processing operations, in order to obtain an opinion on the processing operations either concerning you or carried out by you.
- If you believe your rights have been infringed as a result of the processing of your personal data, you can lodge a complaint with the European Data Protection Supervisor, the independent supervisory authority. Actions against the Supervisor's decisions may be brought before the Court of Justice of the European Communities.
- The website of The Group of the Progressive Alliance of Socialists & Democrats in the European Parliament sometimes provides links to other internet sites. Since The Group of the Progressive Alliance of Socialists & Democrats in the European Parliament has no control over such sites, we suggest that you review their privacy policies.
The content of this website includes text data and multimedia items such as texts, drawings, graphics, logos, icons, images, audio and video material, photographs, programs and the technology described, which are protected by the provisions of national and international law applying to intellectual property.
These textual data and multimedia items are the exclusive property either of the European Union represented by the European Parliament and/or of their authors and beneficiaries. The intellectual property right holders waive their right to have their name or any other indication appear on the items which they supply for this website.
The user undertakes to respect the intellectual property rights held by the European Union and third parties without prejudice to the rights and exceptions provided for by any binding provisions.
Any partial reproduction of data or multimedia items from this website must also cite the URL link of the complete item or the web page from which it was sourced.
The user undertakes not to delete or change the indications of the author or the source and not to seek to circumvent the technical measures put in place to protect documents and multimedia items, such as print or download restrictions and visible or invisible tagging. Any infringement may lead to civil and criminal proceedings.
In cases of doubt as to the identity of the right holders or as to the conditions of use of a particular item, a request for information may be sent to the webmaster.
Despite extensive research, it may be that the The Group of the Progressive Alliance of Socialists & Democrats in the European Parliament has not been able to identify certain authors or right holders of documents appearing on the site. If you are such a right holder, or if you have identified such a right holder, or if there is a mistake on our part, we should be grateful if you would kindly contact the webmaster.
The Group of the Progressive Alliance of Socialists & Democrats in the European Parliament maintains this website to enhance public access to information about the institution and its activities.
Our goal is to keep this information as complete, accurate and up to date as possible. If errors are brought to its attention, the European Parliament will take all possible steps to make any necessary corrections without delay. It can be held liable only for damage which may arise from its errors, under the conditions provided for in the last paragraph below.
The information published on this site is of a general nature only and has not been designed to meet any individual needs. It therefore does not constitute professional or legal advice (if you need specific advice, we suggest you consult a suitably qualified professional).
The Group of the Progressive Alliance of Socialists & Democrats in the European Parliament cannot be held liable for direct or indirect damage which may result from use of this site. We take all possible steps to minimise disruption caused by technical errors. Some data or information on this site may have been created or structured in files or formats that are not error-free. We cannot in such cases guarantee that our service will not be interrupted or otherwise affected by such problems. The Group of the Progressive Alliance of Socialists & Democrats in the European Parliament accepts no responsibility in case of defective transmission of data due to the various networks of the internet or to incompatibilities due to the user's web browser.
The Group of the Progressive Alliance of Socialists & Democrats in the European Parliament cannot guarantee that information from external sources contained on this site is reliable or up to date. The information on this site may link to external sites over which the Group of the Progressive Alliance of Socialists & Democrats in the European Parliament services have no control and for which the European Parliament can accept no responsibility.
This disclaimer is not intended to limit the liability of the European Parliament arising from Article 340 TFEU.