The Secretary General of the Group of the Progressive Alliance of Socialists and Democrats in the European Parliament (S&D Group) has decided to open the procedure for filling one post of assistant (F/M) in the field of financial management and ex-ante control, temporary agent, grade AST 2, pursuant to article 2(c) of the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants of the European Union (CEOS), for its Secretariat in Brussels.
The application form and the photocopied supporting documents must be sent by registered post with receipt of delivery, by 2 March 2020 at the latest .
The job description is the following :
Assistant responsible for initiating and preparing financial operations, including the necessary quality controls before launching the operations, for carrying out specific tasks in the areas of financial management and ex-ante control, within the framework of various budgetary, financial activities, as well as in the field of the commitment and settlement of expenditure, based on precise instructions and using computing tools, and in particular:
• the appropriateness of the budget line
• the examination of procedures to be followed including public procurement
• the preparation of the legal commitment
• the examination of the invoice and cost claims
• the preparation of the payment file, including VAT procedures
• the preparation of the forecast of revenue and recovery orders, etc. until termination of the operation
• the follow-up of credit notes and advances
• the introduction of the transaction in the local application.
In particular, the Group insists on the fact that the post of assistant demands availability and flexibility, a methodological approach, discretion, confidentiality and a capacity for rapid adaptation to varying duties. Candidates must show initiative, both independently and while working in a team, and be able to adapt to a multicultural environment. Lastly, they must be ready to carry out professional training throughout their career.
The Group also insists on the fact that the staff involved in the control of financial operations adhere to the specific Code of Professional Standards applicable.